Classification Numbers for June 2015
June 2015 was one our most successful months. Citizen scientists made 20,769 classifications.
Given our hugely successful month, I have changed around how we report numbers so that you can more easily find them The “Numbers” menu above links to four new pages:
- Top Contributors – Monthly – The top three contributors each month since we began.
- Top Contributors – All Time – The top contributors since the project’s inception.
- Monthly Top 25 – The top contributors for the most recent month.
- The 500 Club – A list of all contributors that have made 500 or more classifications. Permanent recognition for our top contributors.
It is pretty easy to get on the Top 25 board since most months, the 25th spot hovers around 50. The other pages recognize long-term contributors.
So go make some classifications at CycloneCenter.org! I bet you can get on the Top 25 board next month! And if you are persistent, you will be listed in the 500 Club (some people even joined that club in just one day).
Numbers for June
- 20,769 classifications
- 2049 citizen scientists (1857 for the first time!)
- 167 cyclones